Monday, November 17, 2014

excuses, excuses, excuses

excuses, excuses, excuses

I can’t believe it. I weigh 88.8kgs today - that can’t be right? It is tough; I have tried moving the scales to fifty different positions. I was so good for the last two days, now I really wish I had never eaten all that crap the other night!

Last night I kept on making excuses why I shouldn't exercise. So rather than bore you with the whole saga I have made a list of my and my friends most regularly used excuses to avoid such horror:

1. If I exercise tonight I will have a sweaty head, then I will have to wash my hair. It is too late for it to dry, so I would have to go to bed with wet hair, I therefore cannot exercise because you get sick if you sleep with wet hair.

2. I will start fresh on Monday then I'll have a full week of exercise (of course Monday never comes!). This has got to be the most popular, when are we going to learn………

3. I vacuumed and swept the floor today, so I don't need to exercise (this is reasonable, but not in the long term).

4. I do plenty of walking at work, that’s enough exercise (the idea is to increase your exercise).

5. I will wait until summer, and then I can go swimming (will you hibernate all winter?)

6. Then when summer comes the excuse is: The kids really hate going to crèche, it would be unfair on them.

Despite all the excuses I did manage to succeed in the face of adversity, I completed 40 minutes on the cross trainer, yay! I really need to get my money's worth from it this week as it is due to go back soon, oh damn. What a great excuse, unfortunately I am too poor to hire it again so I am going to have to think of a new way of exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment