Saturday, August 29, 2015

YUM-YUM…My Go-to Recipe for Any Event

 YUM-YUM…My Go-to Recipe for Any Event
Every family has that one recipe that everyone looks forward to at family events. In my family, we love love love YUM-YUM!! This is my favorite, along with the rest of my family. It's an amazing lemon flavored dessert that everyone will love. You can even switch it up and turn it into a chocolate dessert if you'd like! Not to mention, it's totally easy to make.
This recipe was passed down to me from my Great Auntie Vel, and after eating it at family events my whole life, I decided that I absolutely must have this recipe so I could make this delicious dessert whenever I got the craving.
For the first layer, all you need is:
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 cubes of margarine
1/3 cup of chopped nuts
Mix everything together and press into a 13 x 9 pyrex dish, then bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Next, for the second layer, you will need:
1 large package of cream cheese (whipped works best)
1 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 tub of Cool Whip (12 ounce size)
Beat the sugar into the cream cheese, add Cool Whip and then pour this on top of the cooled crust layer.
Next, for the third layer, you will need:
3 small packages of lemon instant pudding mix
4 cups of cold milk
Beat all of these ingredients together for about one minute, pour on top of the cheese layer and cool until set.
Lastly, spread the remaining 1/2 tub of Cool Whip on top of the pudding layer and sprinkle nuts on top if desired and refrigerate.
And here you have YUM-YUM!! Also, for all you chocolate addicts out there, you can substitute 2 packages of chocolate and 1 package of vanilla pudding.
Enjoy!

source:
Best Starting

No comments:

Post a Comment