Thursday, August 13, 2015

Maximize the Benefits of Green Tea

Maximize the Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea is filled with healthy antioxidants, that are beneficial for our bodies. Green tea has been shown to fight cancer. It is believed that green tea actually kills esophageal cancer cells, without harming good cells. Green tea has also been shown to boost metabolism, which helps with weight loss. And Green tea may decrease heart disease and diabetes risk.

In addition to drinking green tea, there are a number of other ways, to maximize it's benefits. Whenever I brew green tea in a pot, I make sue to leave a little tea water left over. Sometimes I brew a large pot of green tea, specifically for other purposes. After it cools, I use it for any things, such as pouring it over my house plants. Green tea enriches the soil, and adds nutrients to the plants. 

I also add green tea to my bath water, and soak my feet in warm water with green tea. I find this to be soothing and relaxing. Green tea also makes an excellent hair rinse. It stimulate hair follicles, soothes itchy scalp, prevents damage and promotes hair growth. Green tea is a great product for African Americans who have dry hair.
Green tea also makes a great face mask. You can purchase masks in a store, or make your own. I mix green tea, with oatmeal and honey. I leave it on my face and neck for about 20 minutes, then rinse. My skin instantly both feels and looks better.
Lately, I have been using green tea with other foods and drinks. Instead of adding lemon to ice tea, I add extra green tea to lemonade. My husband and oldest grandson really love to drink this mixture. I also pour a little green tea in my coffee, and also in my oatmeal. Today I added a little green tea to my tuna salad mix.
On a few occasions, I mix green tea with milk when eating certain cereals. This increases the nutrients content. And of course I add green tea, when I am drinking other teas, such as black, white oolong or herbal teas.
If you are taking medications, please find out what effect green tea may have on them. A report from Japan indicates that green tea may interfere with certain medications, for high blood pressure. And always remember that not every person has the same result with using foods as home remedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment