Saturday, August 29, 2015

Best Secret Recipe: Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Chocolate Kahlua Cake
Before becoming a mom to twin boys, just about everything I baked was from "scratch". Cake mix was rarely found in my pantry, and I believe the recipients of my baked goods benefitted from the taste and creativity of my baking. I could certainly tell the difference and I enjoyed trying new recipes and baking for others to enjoy as well. Even so, I have one stand-by recipe that I used then (the reason cake mix may have been found in my pantry) and especially now-when baking time is much harder to find, or rather, almost non-existent. Some nights, I am lucky to get dinner on the table. 
This recipe makes preparing something for guests to our home, the neighborhood cookout or the office party feasible. You would think it were from "scratch." I get requests for it time and time again and it has become a favorite among those who have tried it. The drawback is that I hate to give out the recipe because it is suddenly obvious what little effort it actually took to make! So now I share it with you so you too can look fabulous when you arrive at your next event with this delicious, moist cake in-hand. Enjoy!
Chocolate Kahlua Cake
1 package regular chocolate cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
1 box vanilla instant pudding
2 cups sour cream (can use fat free, if you wish)
4 eggs (can use egg beaters)
¾ cup oil
¾ cup Kahlua liquor
1 cup chocolate chips (I love the Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips)
Mix all ingredients. Bake in a well-greased bundt pan at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Test with a toothpick or skewer.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar once cake has cooled completely. For a special touch, pick a small/short bouquet of flowers to place in the center of the bundt cake. Gorgeous & delicious!

source:
Best Starting

No comments:

Post a Comment