Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Review of Banquet Mexican Style Chicken Enchilada Meal: Only One Dollar

A Review of Banquet Mexican Style Chicken Enchilada Meal: Only One Dollar
Being a Mexican food lover, I often look for interesting Mexican style frozen meals while grocery shopping. Recently, I spotted a Banquet Mexican Style Chicken Enchilada Meal and it looked really good. I could not resist the impulse to try it. Here is what I found out about this product!

The menu of this frozen dinner for one intrigued me. It has a chicken enchilada, a beef tamale, chili sauce and Mexican rice. Not only is that a nice amount of food, the price of this dinner was right for my food budget. Only one dollar. I liked that. This meal is also microwave friendly. You can cook it in a conventional oven, but it takes twenty minutes. In the microwave, the cooking time is around five minutes. Not bad. You do have to do a bit of manipulating if you cook this dinner in the microwave. I cut a slit in the film cover over the rice, microwaved on high for two and one half minutes, uncovered, spooned chili sauce over the enchilada and tamale, stirred the rice, re covered and continued cooking on high for two more minutes. I then let this dinner stand for two minutes before serving. I was very impressed by the appearance of this meal. It smelled yummy!

When I tried the beef tamale, I loved it. It was really beefy, tender and with the chili sauce, it had a fabulous home style Mexican meal flavor. Delicious. The Mexican rice was also very good. Lots of peppers in it. I did have a problem with the chicken enchilada. It had a fake taste and it was not very tasty. I discovered that it had textured vegetable protein in it, along with chicken. I only know that I could not eat it. It was that bad. On the bright side, the beef tamale and rice were both worth the one dollar that I spent on this dinner. I would probably buy this one again and know that the chicken enchilada would not be eaten by me. I rate Banquet Mexican Style Chicken Enchilada Meal two and one half stars out of five stars. If there were two beef tamales in this meal, it would be a winner and perfect. Minus the chicken enchilada, that is.

This dinner has only 280 calories in it and even less, if you don't eat the chicken enchilada, like me. 70 of those calories are from fat. This meal has 8 grams of total fat, 2.5 grams of saturated fat, 10 mg's of cholesterol, 790 mg's of sodium, 260 mg's of potassium, 45 grams of total carbs, 5 grams of dietary fiber, 2 grams of sugars and 7 grams of protein. This dinner does have lots of vitamins and minerals in it. I like many Banquet brand food products and have reviewed many of them, during my five years writing food product reviews. While this one is not my favorite, it is decent. It saves me money and time. That is always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment